Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Anjori’s London Dreams!

Anjorie spent some memorable moments with friends and family in London recently. Talking about her trip she said, "I caught up with boarding school friends and spent quality time with them. One of my friends is a head chef at a Russian Restaurant. He showed me around the kitchen and cooked a four course meal for me. I was so overwhelmed that I wanted to be a part of his cooking and acted as if I was a cook too. This is for the first time that I tasted Russian food and it was just out of this world."

Anjorie also visited Nobu, the swankiest Chinese restaurant in London. "I went there with my family. It is one of the best Chinese joints in the UK." Besides eating her heart out Anjorie shopped till she dropped. "I shopped like a maniac! Selfridges and Jane Norman are my favourite stores in the UK. I also travelled to High Street Kensingston, knightsbridge. I also made a special visit to Harrods pet shop and saw some of the most adorable puppies and kittens." But the most unforgettable moments that Anjorie encountered in the UK were watching John Mayer singing live and The Lord of The Rings on stage and coming across Nelson Mandela. In an excited tone Anjorie added, "Nelson Mandela stepped out of the Dorchester hotel from the left hand side door and I was standing literally 7 ft away from him. I even managed click some great pictures of him. Besides that, I watched The Lord of the Rings with dropped jaw... it was so overwhelming! The production value of the play left me completely spellbound. I enjoyed watching John Mayer singing live at Hyde Park."

No comments: